Monday 29 January 2007

Red



Quick joke (not for children or the weak of heart)
Man on holiday in Spain and keen to sample authentic Spanish culture stops in at a little out of the way restaurant. Not being too daring he sticks to some fairly safe items on the menu but notices that at the table next to him the locals are eating something different- large round meat shapes in a rich tomato sauce. It looks delicious but he is a little wary so says nothing.
The next night he is back at the same place and still cautious about his choice of food but asks a waiter what it is that the other patrons are eating?
“Senor” the waiter explains “after the bullfight, it is a great delicacy to eat the balls of the bull in a thick tomato sauce with a touch of oregano”.
Our intrepid hero decides that the following night he will take a chance and once again returns to the restaurant and orders the 'special'. He is disappointed though when it arrives and the portion is very small, so he calls over the waiter-
“I am sorry to complain” he says “but the last two times I have been here the locals had much bigger servings, the size of the meatballs in my plate is tiny!”
The waiter sighs, shrugs and replies
“Well senor, you must understand... sometimes the bull wins.”

3 comments:

Unknown said...

great bull!! love the gesture of the fighter!! :)

pati said...

Hehehe... I'm not a fan of bull's fights, but I love ur illo, Cuffe.

Cuffe said...

Thanks Pati- I thought I would just do the illo 'straight' and not make any comment on the subject, I doubt I could have found an original slant.