Monday 15 January 2007

80's


The 80's were, for me, a time of growing up (a process that doesn't seem to have actually developed very far). I was 16 in 1980 and wanted nothing more in the world than to be cool. Or more importantly for my friends and school mates to think I was cool.

There was a song around that time by a Scottish comedian called Andy Cameron 'I wanna be a punk rocker (bu' ma mammy willnae let me)' that summed up my late teens. (For non-Scots that reads 'my mother is reluctant to grant me permission'). I did try to sneak out the house with torn t-shirts and had a chain that hung rather pathetically around my waist, but that was about it.

Last night my step-daughter was sent back to the house to wipe off a couple of layers of rouge from her face before going out to visit relatives. Some things never change.

6 comments:

Zakk said...

Gr8 illo

Michelle Lana said...

hahah.....funny! great work.

S. Fizer said...

this is a fabulous illustration, made me giggle about some of my own silliness in my younger days!

Brine Blank said...

Funny pic...at least you didn't appear to be sporting the mullett...

tusen said...

great illustration, I love the expression

Nina Khashchina aka Apple-Pine said...

Oh, this is hillarious!