Tuesday 6 February 2007

She-Sprout


Because sometimes vegetables are just bad!

Or something. I'd love to know the criteria for picking a subject on Illustration Friday 'cause the idea of using 'sprout' as a topic is mince (as we say in Glasgow). But I'd had a long day and was in the mood for doodling so I created this little minx. I don't have a single illustration job on the go at the moment so it's good to keep sharp with this stuff. I'm working on a few photographs for one of my favourite clients (the shopfitters Morris and Spottiswood) and some other bits and pieces, since you ask. In between that I am working on my new house. So today saw a shelf go up in a cupboard. As long as nothing heavier than one stuffed animal is ever put there we should be fine. Hell, I'm an artist darling, not a bloody joiner!

I got a rejection from an agent yesterday too- bloody cheek. 'Despite the very high quality of your work...yadda yadda yadda.' I think I'd rather they came back and said 'I'm not representing you, your stuff is shite!' Well maybe not, even my vast ego has a stretching point.

Has anyone taken the trouble to go and look at my new blog (the link is at the side there) Square Ball it's called and another work of complete genius, that I also haven't found a home for yet. But I will show them all- when I take over the world and everyone is beating a path to my door begging for my work I will laugh in the face of anyone who turned me down. Wa ha ha ha! That'll show them.


S

No comments: